I create award-winning content and strategies that achieve results. My projects engage new audiences and motivate existing enthusiasts to action. I have deep experience in all stages of production from pitch to delivery, developing budgets, motivating staff, presenting ideas, and bringing in new business. I specialize in entertainment marketing, online marketing, web video and TV spots.
Blackford Creative, October 2013 to Present
Executive Producer, Video Editor and Creative Director
Merkle, Inc. Executive produced, creative directed and wrote a series of nationally airing direct response fundraising TV spots for Susan G. Komen.
BREAK.COM. Created a series of web video pranks, which accumulated a half million views in the month after launch. Wrote and directed.
Hearst Affiliate Group. Sizzle reel to launch Hearst's new Live Vuz crowd-sourced content platform. Edited and co-produced.
Mentoring Minds. Interactive sales demo to support the Total Motivation product launch. Creative directed, co-wrote and published in both HTML5 and Flash using Adobe Captivate.
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. A series of social fundraising videos with celebrities (Jimmy Kimmel, Sean Hayes, Laura Dern) and world-renown chefs (John Besh, Michael Voltaggio, and Ludo Lefebvre) in support of their fight against childhood cancer. Produced and co-edited.
Children of the Night. Digital strategy assessment. Audited the website and presented a set of findings and recommendations to increase online revenue.
“Power Games” TV and Interactive Platform. Collaborated with Assaf Biderman, Associate Director of MIT’s SENSEable City Laboratory to develop a concept for an innovative competition platform to entertain and inspire broad audiences to reduce their impact on climate change.
Russ Reid Company (an Omnicom agency), May 2010 to October 2013
Director of TV and Digital Production and Acting Digital Creative Director
Balanced digital creative director and executive production duties while helping Russ Reid develop into the leading provider of integrated marketing services to nonprofits. Helped organically grow accounts by pitching new campaigns and creating faster, cheaper and better work. Supervised and mentored all TV and digital production staff including designers, production artists, writers, coders, editors, and shooters. Rolled up my sleeves and directly executed key video editing, copywriting, user experience design, and usability testing.
- American Red Cross Online Holiday Catalog
Produced the online components of the ARC integrated holiday campaigns, which earned back to back DMA Echo awards in 2011 and 2012.
- Low cost but highly effective templated website for regional nonprofits
Produced, creative directed and developed the information architecture for an affordable website product that helped significantly boost online fundraising for local rescue missions and food banks across the US and Canada.
- "All That Matters" DRTV Spot for St Jude Children's Research Hospital
Produced and edited an emotionally compelling DRTV spot which beat the client's long-running control spot and three other new creative executions in a four-way test.
Parentella, March 2010 to December 2011
Advisor, Social Media Optimization
Provided expertise on maximizing audience and business development opportunities using social media at a digital startup for parents and educators.
Warner Brothers, 2008 to 2009
Senior Writer/Producer, TheWB.com
Directed the lead creative team, which featured the celebrated indy director Rodney Ascher. Generated digital extensions in support of TheWB.com’s tent-pole programming, supervising concept generation, post-production editing, graphics, and syndication.
- “Rockville Green Room Band Interviews” Online Series
Produced an online interview series with leading indie musicians including Travis, Eagles of Death Metal, and Passion Pit. Supervised all stages of production from concept to delivery.
- “Pushed Character Interrogations” Online Series
Collaborated with Emmy-winning producers Jeremy Littman and Morgan Gendel in support of the online drama “Pushed.” Approved scripts, supervised shooting and post-production.
Lifetime Entertainment, 2006 to 2008
Senior Producer, Broadband Video
Launched and led Lifetime's satellite web video department. Conceived and executed large-scale digital extensions for top-priority on-air programming. Proactively positioned my team to take advantage of the evolving technical and business environment, developed and launched multi-phased projects, managed budgets and workflows, and supervised production and post-production teams.
- “In Bed With Fabio” Online Video Series
Conceived and produced a campy online video series of passionate readings and love advice from romance icon Fabio
- “Real Army Wives” Online Video Series
Conceived and produced a series of emotionally gripping profiles of military wives in support of Lifetime’s “Army Wives” scripted drama
Lifetime Entertainment, 2002 to 2006
Web Producer, Lifetimetv.com
Produced Lifetime’s original programming websites and digital media extensions, including many of Lifetime’s most popular online games. Generated site plans, worked with show producers and marketing teams to strategize digital media messaging, supervised editorial, design, and integration teams.
- “The Queen’s Jewels” Game
Produced a Flash game to promote the reality special “Queen for a Day.” The game lived on after the special aired to become one of Lifetimetv.com’s largest traffic generators of all time.
- “Unsolved Mysteries” Digital Re-Launch
Supervised online extensions for the “Unsolved Mysteries” series relaunch. Developed a missing persons web application and special web-chats with Robert Stack.
Maria Bamford’s “One-Woman Sitcom,” 2004
Edited Maria Bamford’s material and directed her performance over a month-long run, culminating in LA Weekly’s “Comedy Pick of the Week,” performed at the Comedy Central Stage and at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
- Telly Award - "Local TV & Local Cable - Fundraising and Appeals" for St. Jude "All That Matters," 2014
- DMA ECHO Leadership Awards - World Vision US Programs “Hungry In America Campaign,” 2012; American Red Cross “Holiday Giving Catalog Campaign,” 2011
- Webby Award - “Comedy: Long Form or Series” for “Childrens’ Hospital,” on TheWB.com (directed Warner Brother’s web video promotions in support of the series), 2009
- Promax BDA Awards - “Website – Program, Entertainment” Gold Award for the “Angela’s Eyes Website,” 2007; “Interactive Applications Promotions” Silver Award for the “Lifetime Video Lounge,” 2006; “Topical All-Inclusive Combination” Bronze Award for the "Lifetime Women Rock Girls and Guitars Concert," 2004; “Topical All-Inclusive Combination” Silver Award for the "Lifetime Women Rock Girls and Guitars Concert," 2003
- ACE Award - given annually to the top three employees at Lifetime Television, 2005
- LA Weekly’s “Comedy Pick of the Week” for Maria Bamford’s “One-Woman Sitcom,” 2004
- B.F.A., Emerson College, Massachusetts, 1996. President, This is Pathetic, Emerson's edgiest (and best) comedy troupe.
- Additional coursework in interactive and video production at Parsons the New School for Design, School of Visual Arts, New York University, and The University of California, Los Angeles, 1998 to 2004